Click the red marker on the map for directions and other map tools
Choose the ferry route that’s perfect for you
Brittany Ferries offers a wide choice of ferry routes to France with three departure ports on the South Coast and seven continental destinations. Select from daytime or overnight cruises or fast-craft crossings to find the most convenient sailing for you.
To select the ferry route that’s perfect for you, consider our choice of departure ports, our destination ports in France and Spain and the convenient times that our sailings operate.
A choice of departure ports
Ferries to France are available daily from Portsmouth, Poole and Plymouth with easy access to the ports from the motorway network.
Portsmouth ferry routes
- Just under one hour from Wimbledon, London down the A3
- Only 1 hour from Reading and 1 hour 20 minutes from Oxford
- Easily reached from the Midlands and the South
- Six choices of ferry route to France
- Ferries to Caen, St. Malo, Cherbourg and Le Havre in France
Poole ferry route
- Just 2 hours from Bristol and well connected by good A-roads
- Easy to reach from the West of England, Wales and the South
- Ferries from Poole to Cherbourg in as little as 4½ hours
Plymouth ferry routes
- 2 ¼ hours from Bristol via the M5 motorway
- Ideal for travel from the South West, Wales and the Midlands
- For France, choose the Plymouth – Roscoff ferry route
Cork ferry route
- Conveniently located in Southern Ireland
- 2 ½ hours from Dublin via the M7 & M8 motorways
- Luxurious cruise ferry route from Cork – Roscoff
Sail with Brittany Ferries for the most convenient crossing to France or Spain. Choose your departure and destination ports to reduce driving time so you’ll get there faster and save money on petrol. Select from fast crossings, day cruises and overnight options to find a travel experience that will suit you and your family. Discover a relaxing, enjoyable onboard experience with our luxury ferries offering a range of restaurants, onboard entertainment and private cabins. You can even mix and match your routes and types of crossing to meet your holiday requirements. Bon voyage!